A 4 week Live
Burnout Prevention through Mindfulness
This program teaches physicians the neuro-science , psychology and mindfulness skills helpful for managing stress, depression and anxiety .
Levels of stress, anxiety and depression in the general population have steadily increased in the last 2 decades.
At the same time, physician stress, burnout and suicide remain at very high levels:
- 30% of medical students and residents describe symptoms of depression
- 50% of all physicians report at least one symptom of burnout
- Suicide among physicians is about twice the general population
Yet, physicians receive little training about tools and strategies for reducing stress in themselves and their patients.
Meanwhile, information about the neuro-science of stress and applications of mindfulness has exploded in the last decade. Studies at major academic institutions are documenting the therapeutic benefits of this training for the treatment of stress, depression and anxiety.
This convenient live webinar includes 4 sessions of meditation training, discussion, and practical skills to reduce stress and enhance happiness.
Four 75 minute sessions cover the following:
- What is stress?
- How does awareness protect us from stress?
- How does curiosity & compassion strengthen awareness and reduce stress?
- How does mindfulness change the brain?
- Why are negative thoughts so sticky?
- What practical skills does mindfulness training offer to work with negative thoughts and emotions?
This program is approved for 4 CME credits by the University of California, Davis.
Mark Levine, M.D.
He completed his residency in psychiatry at California Pacific Medical Center in 1981 and received his MBA in 1999 from the University of Michigan.
For more than thirty years, Dr. Levine has worked in both clinical and corporate settings teaching people how to reduce stress and enhance well-being. As a physician consultant to researchers from Harvard University, Dr. Levine is studying the benefits of mindfulness training for reducing stress and enhancing happiness.
Call us for more information 855-500-6463