WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
Your privacy is extremely important to us. We’ve made this policy as clear as possible so you can understand how we handle data and privacy in general. In sum, you can count on the fact that the Mind to Mindful Service is HIPAA compliant, that, in general, we will only ask you for information so that we can provide the Service, that we will keep all information that we gather about you confidential, and that we will not share your personal information to anyone else except in extraordinary situations,
Who We Are and How This Applies
The policies below are applicable to the Mind to Mindful network of content, including the Mind to Mindful App, the website located at www.mindtomindful.org (including any versions optimized for viewing on a wireless or tablet device); all e-mail newsletters published or distributed by; and any other digital materials or recordings published or made available by Mark Levine, M.D., Mindfulness Associates, P.C., its affiliates, representatives, licensees, and assigns under the “Mind to Mindful” brand, however accessed and/or used, that are operated by us, made available by us, or produced and maintained by Mind to Mindful (collectively “Mind to Mindful” or “we”, “us”, or “our”), as well as data and information collected when you sign up for communications from us through the app or website (“Service”).
THE SERVICE RUN BY MIND TO MINDFUL AND ANY CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE SERVICE ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE PSYCHOTHERAPY OR ANY FORM OF PSYCHOLOGICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELING. WE WILL NOT ASK YOU FOR ANY CLINICAL OR MEDICAL INFORMATION.
This Policy May Change
LET US KNOW YOUR QUESTIONS
What Information about You Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Service:
- “Personal Information” is any information that can individually identify you and includes your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card information, billing information, and contact information.
- “Non-Personal Information” includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Service, and use of the Internet.
Here are some common ways in which we may collect your Personal Information:
- Registering for an account on our Service or signing up to a subscription
- Submission of a question or inquiry via the Service
- Submitting an application to work at Mind to Mindful
- Participating in surveys or any organized activity
- Signing up to receive alerts, newsletters, or other information via email, text, or instant message from Mind to Mindful
- Requests for customer service, support requests, or other assistance
- Service related communications, e.g. account verification, technical notification
- Submission of content or other data and information on any part of the Service that permits it
- Any other place on the Service where you knowingly volunteer Personal Information
Here are some examples of Non-Personal Information that we may collect and store:
- Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Service. This information may include browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the Service.
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring Service addresses.
- Other information regarding your use of the Service that is not Personal Information.
Like many Services, we use technologies to record your preferences and track the use of our Service. We may also use these technologies to monitor traffic, improve the Service, and make it easier and/or relevant for your use. If we did not use these technologies, some features of the Service may not work or may not work as designed.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. We do not use flash cookies, web storage, web beacons, or other technology that tracks your browsing history across Service or locations not owned or operated by Mind to Mindful. We do not use any information to build profiles of you or to otherwise connect you with any medical, wellness, or other sensitive information.
Here are some common ways in which we use tracking technologies:
- To determine the browser you use so the Service can be designed to work properly with the most common versions of different browsers
- In conjunction with sending you communications
- In conjunction with analysis of your use of our Service and to generate analytics regarding our Service
- To estimate our audience size. Your browser is given a unique cookie that helps us determine whether yours is a repeat visit or a first visit
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you about the Service and its features, timeline, and content
- To communicate with you about your questions
- To communicate with you about changes to our policies
- To personalize content and experiences on our Service, including providing you reports, recommendations, and feedback based on your preferences
- To disclose anonymized Personal Information and to disclose statistics and analytics regarding the use of our Service
- To optimize or improve our products, services, and operations
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Service
Combination of Your Personal Information
We use the information from one portion of the Service on other portions of the Service or as part of other interactive features offered by Mind to Mindful. We may also combine information gathered from the Service with information gathered from your use of our website or other communications into a single customer record or analysis or report. We do not obtain data from any data broker or other third party source and combine it with your Mind to Mindful record.
Who Do We Provide Your Information to?
We have third party agents, service providers and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, push notifications, storage, content management tools, authentication, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to your Personal Information but only to the extent needed to perform their functions and they are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are also contractually restricted from using, selling, distributing, or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Service. In every case, their use of your Personal Information remains within the control of Mind to Mindful.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that we have to in order to (a) comply with applicable law, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Service, or our users, or (c) protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Service or the public in an emergency. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
Use of Non-Personal Information
We may disclose or share Non-Personal Information in any other manner that we deem appropriate or necessary, such as to third parties to help us determine how our users use parts of our Site and demographically who our users are so we can improve our Service. We may also disclose Non-Personal Information to third parties about how our users collectively use our Service.
What Steps Are Taken to Keep Personal Information Secure?
Personal Information collected by our Service is stored in secure operating environments that is not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your Personal Information to you.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
Your information collected through the Service will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries in which Mind to Mindful or its service providers maintain facilities. Mind to Mindful or its service providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including Personal Information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Mind to Mindful, its Affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
What Happens When I Link to or from Another Site?
Information for Users in Europe and Elsewhere Outside the U.S.
If you use our Service outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
What Are Your Choices and How Do You Opt-Out?
We believe you should have choices about the collection, use, and sharing of your information. Although you cannot opt-out of all data collection when you visit our Service, you can limit our collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information.
Collection of Personal Information. For our Service, all Personal Information is collected only where you have volunteered it. If you do not want Mind to Mindful to collect such information, you should not submit it to the Service.
Emails and Other Communications. If you would like to alter the type of communications you receive from us, including opting out of any promotional communications from us, you may do so at any time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may unsubscribe as described on the communication you receive from us.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. You may review and change your information by sending us a request at email@example.com. We may not be able to delete your Personal Information without also limiting your user experience. You may be required to provide us with Personal Information to verify your identity prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We will not accommodate a request to change or delete Personal Information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California have the right to request information from Mind to Mindful regarding third parties to whom we have disclosed certain categories of information during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at email@example.com.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please email us at email@example.com.